October 30, 2023
As the Lead Product Designer, you will be responsible for driving the overall design vision and strategy. You will lead the design team, collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, and ensure the delivery of exceptional user experiences that align with business goals.
1. Ensure the user experience meets relevant industry standards and there is consistency and coherence across all user interface aspects, including visual design, typography, and interaction design.
2. Work closely with product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders to align design efforts with business objectives.
3. Conduct user research and apply insights to create compelling and user-centered designs.
4. Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately.
5. Oversee the creation of wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs for complex features and interactions by the design team.
6. Develop design systems and style guides to ensure consistency and scalability of design solutions.
7. Stay updated with industry trends and design best practices to contribute fresh ideas.
8. If required administer the design team for productivity and efficiency, and mentor the team, fostering a collaborative and innovative design learning culture.
1. Bachelor’s degree in design or related field. Masters will be an added advantage and specializations in specialized design thinking like design for disability and/or accessibility, design for localization, product led design, design for security, etc.
2. Extensive experience in designing and shipping successful e-commerce products and digital experiences spanning web and mobile.
3. Deep knowledge of design principles and methods.
4. Proficiency in design tools such as Figma or Adobe Creative Cloud.
5. Proven leadership skills and experience in managing and mentoring design teams.
6. Strong business acumen and ability to align design decisions with business goals.
7. Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results.
8. Exceptional communication and presentation skills to effectively convey design concepts to stakeholders.